Fresh Start’s ability to award scholarships depends on the generosity of our donors – individuals, businesses and foundations.
We raise funds in three ways:
- Annual Campaign: We solicit donations from individuals through this campaign each year from April through June.
- Grants from foundations and other organizations are requested throughout the year.
- Sponsorships for our annual Signature Event come from individuals and local businesses that are recognized at the event.
Each year, we ask friends of Fresh Start to donate to this campaign. 100% of our Board of Directors and Advisory Board support this campaign through their individual donations. If you would like to contribute to support our scholarship program, please click the “Donate” button on this page.
Foundations and other organizations that share the Fresh Start mission are another important source of funding for scholarships. We want to express our appreciation to the following who have awarded grants to Fresh Start in recent years:
- Chichester duPont Foundation
- Christiana Rotary Club Foundation
- Christmas Shop Foundation
- Dansko Foundation
- Eliason Greening and Education Grant
- Fund for Women
- Laffey McHugh Foundation
- Milton and Hattie Kutz Foundation
- SoDel Cares
- TD Bank Charitable Foundation
If you represent or know of a foundation that shares Fresh Start’s focus, please contact us at [email protected].
Dozens of local businesses contribute as sponsors of our annual Signature Event. We offer several sponsorship levels for small and large businesses. Each sponsorship level carries a unique package of benefits such as recognition and tickets to the event. If your business is interested in supporting our scholarship program and receiving the benefits of sponsorship, please contact us at [email protected].
Fresh Start Stock Donation
Don’t forget the advantage of donating appreciated stock to a qualified charitable organization such as Fresh Start. Assets that have appreciated in value can be among the most tax-advantaged items to contribute to charity because you can potentially eliminate capital gains tax liability on their sale and enjoy a current year tax deduction, if you itemize. This allows you to pay lower taxes and also allows the charities you support to put your generous donation to work for the betterment of the community.