Deadline to apply is May 15, 2019!
About Applying for the Scholarship
Purpose: Provide financial incentive through a renewable annual scholarship and offer mentoring assistance and networking opportunities to a woman returning to school to improve her life and opportunities.
Eligibility: Candidates must:
- Be female.
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Be a resident of Delaware OR be currently employed in Delaware for at least the past 12 months.
- Be at least 20 years of age and have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Have had at least a two year break in education either after completing high school or during post-secondary (college) studies.
- Be admitted to an accredited Delaware college in a two or four year degree program at the undergraduate level. (Students who have previously earned a bachelor’s degree are not eligible to apply.)
- Acquire a recommendation from a college representative, a nonprofit/government agency or an employer.
- Have at least a C average if currently enrolled in college.
- Certify financial need.
- Submit a completed application including a personal statement.
- Be available for a brief phone interview if selected as a scholarship finalist.
Award: The number and amount of the awards will be determined annually prior to the fall semester but will in no event exceed the costs of tuition, fees, books and other direct educational expenses. Awards will be paid directly to the college prior to the beginning of each semester.
Application Checklist: Applications are evaluated on the information supplied; therefore, answer all questions as completely as possible. All of the following materials must be submitted:
- Completed application including ALL financial data
- Personal Statement
- Signed Consent
- Recommendation from a Social Service/Government Agency, College/University Representative, or Employer
- Official copy of high school transcript or GED certificate OR, if applicable, copy of Official college transcripts
Note: Incomplete Applications will not be considered.
Questions may be directed to: FSSF (302-397-3440) or [email protected]Apply Now
You can either:
Download the Application to your computer, save it and email back to us at [email protected]
Download the application, print it, fill it out and mail it back to us at P.O. Box 7784 | Wilmington, DE 19803