- Be female.
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Be a resident of Delaware OR be currently employed in Delaware for at least 12 months.
- Be at least 20 years of age and have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Have had at least a two year break in education either after completing high school or during post-secondary (college) studies.
- Be admitted to an accredited Delaware college in a two or four year degree program at the undergraduate level. (Students who have previously earned a bachelor’s degree are not eligible to apply.)
- Be recommended by a Social Service Agency OR a College Representative.
- Have at least a C average if currently enrolled in college.
- Certify financial need.
- Submit a completed application including a personal statement.
- Be available for a brief telephone interview if a scholarship finalist.
The number and amount of the awards will be determined annually prior to the fall semester but will in no event exceed the costs of tuition, fees, books and other direct educational expenses. Awards will be paid directly to the college prior to the beginning of each semester.