Our mission is to provide scholarships to women seeking to improve opportunities for themselves and their families through education. We award annual scholarships based on applicant’s financial need, personal challenges, and academic qualifications.
Mentoring support is offered to each scholar awarded a scholarship. Since its inception in 1996, the foundation has awarded over $830,000 in scholarships to 186 women who have been given the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Be female.
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Be a resident of Delaware OR be employed in Delaware for at least the past 12 months.
- Be at least 20 years of age and have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Have had at least a two year break in education either after completing high school or during post-secondary (college) studies.
- Be admitted to an accredited Delaware college in a two or four year degree program at the undergraduate level. (Students who have previously earned a bachelor’s degree are not eligible to apply.)
- Be recommended by a Social Service/Government Agency OR College Representative.
- Have at least a C average if currently enrolled in college.
- Certify financial need.
- Submit a completed application including a personal statement.
The number and amount of the scholarships will be determined annually prior to the fall semester. Scholarship funds will be paid to the college prior to the beginning of each semester. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, or national origin.